- Start the IMS Database Editor.
- Apply a segment layout file.
- In the Layout view, click a field in the
- Do one of the following:
- To add data to a blank field, type the data into the field.
- To modify existing data, overtype the data in the field.
- If the data in the field is invalid, you are prompted to initialize it; click
Yes to initialize the field or
No to leave it as it is.
- When you have finished editing the field, press
The following apply when editing formatted field data:
- If you have the
Update warning option checked, click
Yes to enable data updates. See
To configure edit warnings for more information.
- You can undo an edit after pressing Enter and before clicking in a different part of the IMS Database Editor window: Click
Edit > IMS DB Editor > Undo Segment Edit.
- You can toggle between Insert and Overtype mode by pressing
- You can cut or copy data to the Windows clipboard and paste in the data somewhere else.
- If you paste text into other editors, nulls are replaced with spaces.
- For fields that are not PIC X fields, you can only select and copy the whole field. You cannot select part of the field and
you cannot cut the field.