This section describes the AcuBench graphical Screen Import Utility, which translates graphical ACUCOBOL-GT screens into those
that can be read in the Screen Designer. The Screen Import Utility creates a text file that defines a graphical screen created by an ACUCOBOL-GT program. This utility is used to import graphical screens into AcuBench, and
uses the ACUCOBOL-GT runtime to produce a description of the screen. For information about importing character screens, see
Updating a Character-based Screen.
The following steps summarize the use of the Screen Import Utility. The remainder of this section describes aspects of the
import function in more detail.
- In the Project Settings dialog box, set the compiler to use the -Zw option.
- Also in the Project Settings dialog box, set the runtime to use the -import option.
- Compile and execute the screen(s) to be imported using the above options.
- Right-click in the screen to be imported and click the Import Screen command.
- Close the program that contains the screen(s) you just imported. The imported screen(s) should be represented in your workspace
in a new program. At this point, the imported screen can be edited, the screen can be saved as an .stf file, and code can be generated for the imported screen. You can also move the imported screen(s) to the program of your
choice in the workspace.