The JUSTIFIED clause specifies alternate data positioning rules for alphanumeric data.
- JUST is an abbreviation for JUSTIFIED.
- The JUSTIFIED clause may be used for elementary items only.
- The JUSTIFIED clause may not be used on index, numeric, or edited data items. It may be used only on alphabetic and alphanumeric
When an operation transfers data to an item described with the JUSTIFIED clause, the standard alignment rules are altered.
- If the sending item is larger than the receiving item, excess characters are truncated from the left.
- If the sending item is smaller than the receiving item, data is aligned at the rightmost character position of the receiving
item. The excess characters on the left are filled with spaces.