allow the user to select from a number of options, using either a pull-down menu or a scrolling list box. They are similar
to groups of radio buttons or check boxes, but they take up less space for long lists of items.
<SELECT NAME="name" [SIZE="size"] [MULTIPLE]>
<OPTION [SELECTED]>Option 1
<OPTION [SELECTED]>Option 2
- NAME assigns a name to the field.
- SIZE specifies how many lines should be visible at once (default is 1).
- MULTIPLE allows the user to select more than one option (i.e. check box behavior).
- OPTION designates a list item; the text beside the tag will be the value sent to the CGI program.
- SELECTED specifies that this list item should be selected by default when the form is displayed.