The LINE clause specifies the row on which the screen entry is to be placed.
LINE [ NUMBER IS [PLUS] line-no ]
[ + ]
[ - ]
- line-no is a numeric literal or data item.
- line-no may not be subscripted or reference modified.
- The LINE clause specifies the screen row on which to place the screen entry. Line number 1 is the line number specified in
the AT phrase of the ACCEPT or DISPLAY statement. If the AT phrase is not specified, then line number 1 is the first line
of the current screen window.
- The LINE clause without the PLUS option specifies an absolute line number.
- The LINE clause with the PLUS option specifies a line number relative to the previous screen entry in the group. If the PLUS
or "+" option is used,
line-no is added to the previous line number. If the "-" option is used,
line-no is subtracted from the previous line number.
- If relative positioning is specified for a level 01 screen entry, the position is relative to LINE 1.
line-no is not specified, then LINE PLUS 1 is implied.
- If the LINE clause is omitted:
- If no previous screen item has been defined, LINE 1 is assumed.
- If a previous screen item has been defined, the line of that previous item is used.