The Paragraph List, Variable List, Constant List, and COPY File List options allow you to specify how each of these pop-up
lists is sorted, and to determine which columns of information are displayed in the box. Because each of these lists functions
in a similar manner, the configuration options for each list are likewise similar.
You can set the options Paragraph, Variable, Constant, and COPY File lists as follows:
- Click the appropriate category from the Code Editor options.
- In the Sort By area, sorting lists (Constant, COPY File, Paragraph, and Variable) select one of the available radio buttons to determine how the pop-up list will be sorted.
- To sort items in order of their occurrence in the program, select the Occurrence in the program radio button.
- To list items in alphabetical order, select the Alphabetically radio button.
- The Paragraph List has the following unique options:
- To sort COPY file names alphabetically and have paragraph names sorted by occurrence within each COPY file, select Occurrence within alphabetic sort of copybooks.
- To sort COPY file names alphabetically and have paragraph names sorted alphabetically within them, select Alphabetically within alphabetical sort of copybooks.
- The Variable List has the following unique options:
- To sort variable names by level number, select the Level number radio button.
- To sort variables by picture clause, select Picture description.
- The Constant List has the following unique option:
- To sort constants by value, select Value.
- The COPY Files List has the following unique options:
- To sort COPY files alphabetically by directory, select the Directory radio button.
- To sort COPY files based on the names of the files in which they are declared, select Declared file.
- In the Show option area, check one or more of the available check boxes to determine what information will appear in the pop-up list.
The Paragraph, Variable, and Constant lists all have the option to display the name of the COPY file in which the program element is declared. To select this option,
select The name of the copybook.
- The Variable List has the following additional options:
- To display level numbers, select Level number.
- To display picture clauses, select Picture description.
- If you want to see FILLER data items in the Variable List, select Include FILLER data item, as well.
- The Constant List has the following additional option:
- Select Value to see each constant's value in the Constant list.
- Finally, the COPY File List has the following options:
- To display each COPY file's directory, check the Directory check box.
- To see the file in which each COPY file is declared, select Declared file.