This add-in is provided separately and provides objects for developers to use in .NET code to add mainframe and AS/400 printing,
HLLAPI, macros and FTX functionality to your Visual Studio projects. RDE .NET controls appear in the Microsoft Visual Studio
Toolbox as Mainframe, AS/400, UNIX and HP displays.
The add-in provides objects for developers to use in .NET code to add mainframe and AS/400 printing, HLLAPI,macros and FTX
functionality to your Visual Studio projects. The add-in also provides:
- Rumba project templates for different session types
- Integration with the Visual Studio Toolbox for adding Rumba RDE.NET functionality with easy drag and drop.
- A menu item that allows one-click loading of dozens of examples with full source code included.
- Visual Studio code snippets for writing program code more quickly, easily, and reliably.
- ‘Intellisense’ support which provides auto-completion help information and short descriptions for all properties, methods,
interfaces, and enumerations.
- RDE Tracer to monitors calls to RDE properties, methods, and events for easy application tracking. A tracer class has been
added to each display control, which has two methods: start and stop. Once started, all RDE methods, properties, and events
used by developers are logged to a log file, together with their respective parameters and returns values, for easy understanding
of the RDE procedures at run-time.
- Full documentation of the RDE.NET API with a description of building you first RDE.NET application.