The following improvements are available:
- Support for Open PL/I applications that utilize CICS within Enterprise Server. This provides the ability to re-host mainframe PL/I applications to lower cost Windows, UNIX or Linux platforms while keeping PL/I code intact to minimize risk.
- A new PL/I CICS precompiler.
- Enhanced source level debugging.
- PL/I RTS support for CICS applications.
- Improved language compatibility with IBM's z/OS based PL/I Compiler ensures faster migration of z/OS based applications to distributed platforms with reduced risk. Features include:
Support for new language elements:
- Variable names up to 100 bytes in length.
- Support for user written PLIDUMP routines.
- Support for STDCALL linkage on Intel platforms.
- Support of named constants using the VALUE attribute.
- Compound assignment operators:
Support for new built-in functions:
The INDEX built-in function is now supported with a third optional argument.
- New format of compiler diagnostic messages.