This functionality is supported only if you are using the Open Agent.
Document Object Model (DOM) extension uses information in the HTML source to recognize and manipulate objects on a web page.
Silk Test Classic uses the DOM extension to test the objects that are included in a web application.
Using the DOM extension provides several advantages:
- During recording,
Silk Test Classic displays a rectangle which highlights the active control in the web page.
- The DOM extension is highly accurate, because it gets information directly from the browser. For example, the DOM extension
recognizes text size and the actual name of an object.
- The DOM extension is independent of the browser size and text size settings.
- The DOM extension recognizes non-visible objects.
- The DOM extension offers support for borderless tables.
- The DOM extension is consistent with the standard being developed by the W3C.