In a test plan, you can specify options sets to be used with the test plan or parts of it. You use options sets to automatically
run different tests that require different options without having to manually open options sets.
To ensure that everyone working on a project has the same options settings (such as class mapping), do one of the following:
- Open an Options Set.
- Set these option values at runtime.
- Specify the following statement in the test plan:
Dependent test cases will run with the specified options set opened. The options set will be closed when it passes out of
scope. If you don't specify a full path name, the file is considered to be in a directory relative to the directory containing
the current test plan or sub-plan.
- Options can also be set at runtime in a test script by using the
SetOption, and passing in the name of the option and its value.
- Many Agent options and their values are found in the
Agent Options dialog box.
- Agent options can be set in a
- Class map settings, set at runtime, are best set before any tests are executed (for example, in ScriptEnter) and after each
test case (for example TestcaseExit) in case any have been changed in the course of a test case.
- Class mappings set at runtime using the Agent method
SetOption are only in effect during test execution; these settings are not available to the recorders.