Run Testcase dialog box to run or debug a test case accessible from the active script file. This dialog box is only available when the
active window contains either a test case or a results file in which the current line is a test case or a data-driven test
case. Data-driven test cases begin with "DD_". You cannot run a test case with both arguments and rows.
- Displays all the test cases accessible from the current script.
- Allows you to enter arguments to pass to the selected test case.
- Animated Run Mode (Slow-Motion)
- Check to wait one second after each interaction with the application under test is executed. Typically, you will only use
this check box if you want to watch the test case run. For instance, if you want to demonstrate a test case to someone else,
you might want to check this check box. Executions of the default base state and functions that include one of the following
strings are not delayed:
- Use Sample Data from Script
- Check to run the test case once using the sample record for each table used by the test case. This is available only if the
selected test case is a data-driven test case.
- Enable TrueLog
- To view results using the
TrueLog Explorer, check the
Enable TrueLog check box. This check box enables you to enable or disable
TrueLog Explorer each time you run a test case. You can also check this check box in the
TrueLog Options dialog box. When you enable or disable
TrueLog Explorer in the
Run Test Case dialog box, the same changes are made in the
TrueLog Options dialog box. Likewise, when you enable or disable
TrueLog Explorer in the
TrueLog Options dialog box, the same changes are made in the
Run Testcase dialog box.
- TrueLog Options
- Click to set the
TrueLog options you want to record. By default,
Silk Test Classic uses the options that were most recently specified in the
TrueLog Options dialog box. Check the
Enable TrueLog check box to enable this button.
- Runs the selected test case. For data-driven test cases, the argument must be in the test case record format. If the
Arguments text box is empty,
Run causes the test case to run all combinations of all rows in all tables used by the test case.
- Opens the file in which the test case resides, enters debugging mode, and places a breakpoint at the first line of the test
case. Debugging mode makes available all the debugging commands on the
View menus. If the
Arguments list is empty,
Debug runs the data-driven test case using all rows, but in debug mode. Since the default breakpoint is the
testcase statement, by default the debugger skips
DefaultRunDataDrivenTestCase() and stops at the test case with the first set of rows as input. The debugger acts as described for
, but with data-driven test cases only sets of selected rows are passed to the test case.
- Closes this dialog box.
- Specify Rows
- Opens the
Specify Rows dialog box where you can select the rows you want to run from the tables for this data-driven test case. This is available
only if you have selected
Use Sample Data from Script for a data-driven test case.