To determine the priorLabel in the Java AWT/Swing technology domain, all labels and groups in the same window as the target
control are considered. The decision is then made based upon the following criteria:
- Only labels either above or to the left of the control, and groups surrounding the control, are considered as candidates for
- If a parent of the control is a
JViewPort or a
ScrollPane, the algorithm works as if the parent is the window that contains the control, and nothing outside is considered relevant.
- In the simplest case, the label closest to the control is used as the priorLabel.
- If two labels have the same distance to the control, and one is to the left and the other above the control, the left one
- If no label is eligible, the caption of the closest group is used.