Visual tests provide the following advantages:
- Record and edit tests against test applications without generating a programming language based script.
- Visually set actions and values against controls in test applications at the test step level.
- See the relationship between a text-based action step in a visual test and the object of the action.
- Take greater ownership in the testing process (for users familiar with business processes being automated).
- Leverage existing scripts and all other existing test assets by using them in visual tests.
- Recapture test applications and controls during testing without requiring access to the application being tested.
- Update screen captures automatically as test applications are updated without having to rewrite tests.
- Collaborate test project issues, assignments and other test team information using flags.
- Test against an application by playing back a visual test. Visual tests can by played back for application testing at any
time. Visual tests can:
- Run automatically at a specified time of day.
- Run entirely unattended.
- Interact with users to receive confidential information such as IDs and passwords.