Once you have established the connection between
Silk4J and a mobile device or an emulator, you can record the actions that are performed on the device. To record mobile applications,
Silk4J uses a
Recording window that provides the following functionality:
- Displays the screen of the mobile device or
Android emulator which you are testing.
- When you perform an action in the
Recording window, the same action is performed on the mobile device.
- When you interact with a control on the screen, the
Recording window preselects the default action.
When you have selected an action from the list, you can type values for the parameters of the selected action into the parameter
Silk4J automatically validates the parameters.
- If the default action is a
Click, and you left-click on the control, the action is executed. You can perform a right-click to show a list of the available
actions against the control. You can then select the action that you want to perform and click
- If the default action is not a
Click, a list of all the available actions against the control displays, and you can select the action that you want to perform
or simply accept the preselected action by clicking
- During recording,
Silk4J displays the mouse position next to the recording window. You can toggle the location to switch between displaying the absolute
mouse position on the device display and the mouse position in relation to the active object.
- When you pause the recording, you can perform actions in the screen which are not recorded to bring the device into a state
from which you want to continue recording.
- When you stop recording, a script is generated with your recorded actions, and you can proceed with replaying the test.