This functionality is supported only if you are using the Open Agent.
The advantages of using the keyword-driven testing methodology are the following:
- Keyword-driven testing separates test automation from test case design, which allows for better division of labor and collaboration
between test engineers implementing keywords and subject matter experts designing test cases.
- Tests can be developed early, without requiring access to the application under test, and the keywords can be implemented
- Tests can be developed without programming knowledge.
- Keyword-driven tests require less maintenance in the long run. You need to maintain the keywords, and all keyword-driven tests
using these keywords are automatically updated.
- Test cases are concise.
- Test cases are easier to read and to understand for a non-technical audience.
- Test cases are easy to modify.
- New test cases can reuse existing keywords, which amongst else makes it easier to achieve a greater test coverage.
- The internal complexity of the keyword implementation is not visible to a user that needs to create or execute a keyword-driven