When you add keywords to a keyword-driven test or a keyword sequence in the
Keyword-Driven Test Editor,
Silk Test Classic recommends existing keywords which you might want to use as the next keyword in your test. The recommended keywords are listed
on top of the keywords list, and are indicated by a bar graph, with the filled-out portion of the graph corresponding to how
Silk Test Classic recommends the keyword.
Silk Test Classic recommends the keywords based on the following:
- When you add the first keyword to a keyword-driven test or a keyword sequence,
Silk Test Classic searches for similar keywords that are used as the first keyword in other keyword-driven tests or keyword sequences. The
keywords that are used most frequently are recommended higher.
- When you add additional keywords to a keyword-driven test or a keyword sequence, which already includes other keywords,
Silk Test Classic recommends keywords as follows:
- If there are keywords before the position in the keyword-driven test or the keyword sequence, to which you add a new keyword,
Silk Test Classic compares the preceding keywords with keyword combinations in all other keyword-driven tests and keyword sequences and recommends
the keywords that most frequently follow the preceding combination of keywords.
- If there are no keywords before the position in the keyword-driven test or the keyword sequence, but there are keywords after
the current position, then
Silk Test Classic compares the succeeding keywords with keyword combinations in all other keyword-driven tests and keyword sequences and recommends
the keywords that most frequently precede the succeeding combination of keywords.
Silk Test Classic takes into account how similar the found keywords are. For example, if both the name and group of two keywords match, then
Silk Test Classic recommends these keywords higher in comparison to two keywords for which only the name matches.
- If you have established a connection with
Silk Central, any keywords included in keyword-driven tests, which belong to the keyword library that corresponds to the current project,
are also considered.