Silk Test Classic provides record and playback support for all standard WPF controls.
Silk Test Classic
handles custom controls based on the way the custom control is implemented. You can implement custom controls by using the
- Deriving classes from UserControl
- This is a typical way to create compound controls.
Silk Test Classic recognizes these user controls as
WPFUserControl and provides full support for the contained controls.
- Deriving classes from standard WPF controls, such as ListBox
- Silk Test Classic treats these controls as an instance of the standard WPF control that they derive from. Record, playback, and recognition
of children may not work if the user control behavior differs significantly from its base class implementation.
- Using standard controls that use templates to change their visual appearance
- Low-level replay might not work in certain cases. Switch to high-level replay in such cases.
Silk Test Classic filters out certain controls that are typically not relevant for functional testing. For example, controls that are used
for layout purposes are not included. However, if a custom control derives from an excluded class, specify the name of the
related WPF class to expose the filtered controls during recording and playback.