Object maps have the following advantages:
- They simplify test maintenance by applying changes made to a locator for an object map item to all tests that include the
corresponding object map item.
- They ease the handling of locators in a large scale functional testing environment.
- They can be managed independent of individual scripts.
- They substitute complex locator names with descriptive names, which can make visual tests and scripts easier to read.
- They eliminate dependence on locators, which may change if the test application is modified.