Assignment properties to:
- Set an available property for a specified control to a variable so that the property value can be used more efficiently in
the visual test. These properties appear for a
Put the [property] of the [control] to [variable] step.
- Specify the local variable into which the global variable's value is stored in a
Get global step.
- Define a global parameter in a
Set global step.
- Specify eCATT script arguments to import from or export to an eCATT script.
Note: Properties that display in this category are based on the test step type. Some properties are not used for all step types
that include this property category.
This category includes the following properties:
- Global Variable Name
- Specifies the name of a global variable to be created (in a
Set global step) or retrieved (in a
Get global step).
- Type the desired name for the global variable. Valid characters for global variable names are uppercase and lowercase alphanumeric
characters and the underscore ("ABC", "abc", "_"). Global variable names should be unique.
Tip: When retrieving a global variable that has been created in a
<<Start>> step, its name must be known in advance. You can open the visual test where the global variable is set and get the name from
the Global variable name property of the appropriate
Set global step.
- eCATT Argument Name
- Specifies the name of an eCATT script argument to be imported from or exported to an eCATT script.
Type the name of the eCATT script argument whose value is to be imported or exported. The argument name must be defined in
the argument container for the visual test using the
eCATT Argument Container dialog box. A playback error occurs if the name entered does not exactly match the name defined in the argument container.
- Property Name
- Specifies the name of an available property for the control identified in the step.
- The control identified for the step displays in the
Object Type property of the
Properties window. Select an available property from the list to set it's associated value to a variable.
- Local Variable Name
- Specifies the name of the local variable into which a specified value is stored.
- Select a local variable from the list. Local variables must first be created in the visual test to display in the list.
- For steps that set a property of a control to a local variable, the value of the selected property is stored in the specified
- For steps that import eCATT script arguments, the value of the script argument is stored in the specified local variable.
- The value given to the global variable when initiated. Type in the value or right-click in the value area and assign a value.