- We supply several runtimes to communicate with your running SQL applications, including:
- OpenESQL ODBC Runtime - communicates with native COBOL SQL applications that use any type of database.
- OpenESQL JVM Managed Runtime - communicates with managed COBOL SQL applications that use any type of database
- Our database access preprocessors enable you to access relational databases by embedding SQL statements within your COBOL
programs. The programming details differ with each preprocessor, resulting in many programming options. They also offer a
wide range of features to assist you in the programming process.
- Stored Procedures
- We support COBOL stored procedures for DB2 LUW and SQL Server 2008 or later.
Note: We do not provide details about SQL syntax, error messages returned or any use of SQL outside of the COBOL environment. For
details of these, refer to the documentation supplied by your database vendor.