Specifies how arithmetic expressions are to be evaluated.
- The behavior to adopt:
- Truncate according to the rules of Enterprise COBOL for z/OS and OS/390.
- MF, ISO2002 or ANSI
- Do not truncate intermediate results. With ARITHMETIC"MF", ARITHMETIC"ISO2002" or ARITHMETIC"ANSI" specified, expressions
are calculated as accurately as possible because no truncation takes place.
- Truncate according to the rules of COBOL for OS/390.
- Truncate according to the rules of OS/VS COBOL.
- Truncate according to the rules of VS COBOL II and COBOL/370.