The Factory paragraph indicates that this Identification Division is introducing a factory definition.
Note: This syntax is no longer required and is not recommended. It is supported for backward compatibility.
- Interface-name-1 must be the name of an interface specified in the Repository paragraph of the containing class definition.
- Each method prototype in each implemented interface must be such that the factory interface of this class conforms to all
- FACTORY and STATIC are synonymous.
- The IMPLEMENTS clause specifies the names of the interfaces that are implemented by the factory object of the containing class
according to section
Interface Implementation in the chapter
- A factory object implements an interface int-1 in the following cases:
- The factory object is defined with an IMPLEMENTS clause specifying int-1,
- The factory object implements an interface that inherits int-1,
- The class containing the factory object inherits a class whose factory object implements int-1.