The INITIATE statement causes the RWCS to begin the processing of a report.
- Report-name-1 must be defined by a report description entry in the report section of the Data Division.
- The INITIATE statement performs the following initialization functions for each named report:
- All sum counters are set to zero.
- LINE-COUNTER is set to zero.
- PAGE-COUNTER is set to one.
- The INITIATE statement does not place the file associated with the report in the open mode; therefore, an OPEN statement with
either the OUTPUT phrase or the EXTEND phrase for the file must be executed prior to the execution of the INITIATE statement.
- A subsequent INITIATE statement for report-name-1 must not be executed unless an intervening TERMINATE statement has been
executed for report-name-1.
- If more than one report-name is specified in an INITIATE statement, the result of executing this INITIATE statement is the
same as if a separate INITIATE statement had been written for each report-name in the same order as specified in the INITIATE