Describes the project features that enable you to create, deploy, and run services.
Restriction: This topic applies only when the Enterprise Server feature is enabled.
Before you can use the IMTK, you must first create a Visual Studio project using the Enterprise Server Application template. Once the project is in place, you can use
Visual Studio functionality to do the following:
- Add appropriate files to the project, such as COBOL programs and copybooks for a COBOL Program service interface
- Create a new service interface
- Import an existing service interface that was either created using older software such as Net Express, or that is part of
a different project
- Set service interface properties and deployment options
- Edit existing service interfaces
- Validate service interfaces
- Update service interfaces after making changes to a program or copybook
- Deploy service interfaces to run as services on an
enterprise server instance
- Generate clients to access deployed services