Visual COBOL is typically installed on a machine which is connected to the internet. This makes it easier for the installers to access
and download any prerequisites, and that the
Visual COBOL installer validates the required certificates.
If you must work in an offline environment, however, you need to copy all required installers and certificates to the machine
on which you are installing. You need the following software:
- Visual Studio - you need to prepare an offline installation of Visual Studio to transfer to and install on the offline machine.
Refer to the MSDN for instructions this. Ensure that you include any prerequisites for
Visual COBOL such as "DGML editor", "Data sources and service references", and the Help Viewer.
- Digital certificates - you need to manually install the following missing certificates. This is because it is not possible
to validate the certificates in an offline environment (click here for more details). If the certificates are not present, the product installation fails.
To prepare the certificates:
Visual COBOL 5.0 and the 5.0 Patch Updates you need on a different machine that is connected to the internet.
- You then need to export the certificates and import them in the offline machine.
- You must install the DigiCert Assured ID Root CA certificate in both Trusted Root CAs and in Intermediate CAs.
DigiCert Assured ID Root CA Valid until: 10/Nov/2031
Serial #: 0C:E7:E0:E5:17:D8:46:FE:8F:E5:60:FC:1B:F0:30:39
Demo Sites for Root: Active Certificate expired revoked
DigiCert SHA2 Assured ID Code Signing CA Issuer: DigiCert Assured ID Root
Valid until: 22/Oct/2028
Serial #: 04:09:18:1B:5F:D5:BB:66:75:53:43:B5:6F:95:50:08
- Visual COBOL 5.0 and, subsequently, the cumulative Patch Updates for it that you want to apply.
- After this, execute the
MFVSIXinstall.exe tool in
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Micro Focus\Visual COBOL\vsix\VS16.0.
This adds the Micro Focus components to the Visual Studio instance.