The COMMIT statement releases all record locks in all files held by this run unit. For COBOL systems that support the WITH...ROLLBACK
clause of the SELECT statement as other than documentary, COMMIT indicates the end of the current transaction and makes the
effects of that transaction permanent.
- Execution of the COMMIT statement causes all record locks in all files held by the run unit to be released.
- The file lock on an exclusive file is not affected by the COMMIT statement.
- If your COBOL system supports the WITH ... ROLLBACK clause of the SELECT statement as other than documentary, then the COMMIT
- Indicates completion of the current transaction
- Makes all changes applied during the transaction permanent.