The DFCONV utility, also known as the Data File Converter, converts data files. The utility provides a batch and called program
interface to enable conversion of file formats, organizations and data formats and reorganization of indexed files using data
file conversion profiles.
Use the Data File Converter to:
- Convert data files downloaded to a PC from a mainframe
- Convert PC data files to VRECGEN2 format files for sending to the mainframe
- Convert report files from mainframe to PC formats and vice versa
- Convert files between EBCDIC and ANSI or ASCII data formats
- Convert floating-point formats
- Reorganize file structures
- Convert multiple record types
- Convert Micro Focus format files to Btrieve format files and vice versa
- Act as a batch interface
- To convert between character sets on records with non-text data items; that is, COMPUTATIONAL data and numeric data, you must
have previously created a record layout file. For more information on how to create a record layout file, see the topic
To create a record layout file.