The GROUP INDICATE clause specifies that the associated printable item is presented only on the first occurrence of its report
group after a control break or page advance.
- The GROUP INDICATE clause must be specified only in a DETAIL report group entry that defines a printable item.
- If a GROUP INDICATE clause is specified, it causes the SOURCE or VALUE clause to be ignored and spaces supplied, except:
- On the first presentation of the DETAIL report group in the report, or:
- On the first presentation of the DETAIL report group after every page advance, or:
- On the first presentation of the DETAIL report group after every control group.
- If the report description entry specifies neither a PAGE clause nor a CONTROL clause, then a GROUP INDICATE printable item
is presented the first time its DETAIL is presented after the INITIATE statement is executed. Thereafter spaces are supplied
for indicated items with SOURCE or VALUE clauses.