The SUPPRESS statement causes the RWCS to inhibit the presentation of a report group.
- The SUPPRESS statement can only appear in a USE BEFORE REPORTING procedure.
- The SUPPRESS statement inhibits presentation only for the report group named in the USE procedure in which the SUPPRESS statement
- The SUPPRESS statement must be executed each time the presentation of the report group is to be inhibited.
- When the SUPPRESS statement is executed, the RWCS is instructed to inhibit the processing of the following report group functions:
- The presentation of the print lines of the report group.
- The processing of all LINE clauses in the report group.
- The processing of the NEXT GROUP clause in the report group.
- The adjustment of LINE-COUNTER.
The SUPPRESS PRINTING function can also be achieved by moving the value 1 to the special register PRINT- SWITCH.
MOVE 1 TO PRINT-SWITCH
has exactly the same effect as the statement