The following restrictions apply to applications using the XML Preprocessor:
- Any level-78s used in an XD must be defined within the scope of the XD. Any references to these level 78s are only valid in
the scope of that XD and in the procedure division. Do not use them in other Data Division sections.
- There is no support for AT END or INVALID KEY phrases of the READ or WRITE verbs. Use the XML FILE status variable instead.
- All variable names with the prefix 'PREXML--' are reserved for use by the Preprocessor.
- In the Debugger, you cannot position the cursor in a data field when using "locate data" for an XML field definition.
- The XML Preprocessor is not supported in JVM COBOL.