You can configure the format and the contents of the Profiler report and where the reports are generated from the IDE
preferences you specify apply to all projects that you execute with Profiler.
In the IDE preferences, in
Window > Preferences > Micro Focus > COBOL > Profiler, you can specify Profiler report generation options that apply to all projects. You can specify the following options:
- Clean old profiler output and generate new reports upon run completion
- Check this for Profiler to delete any old Profiler output files and produce a report file,
.prf. If this is unchecked, the Profiler only creates
.ipf files for your project and you need to produce the report files manually by right-clicking one or more of the
.ipf files in your project, and clicking
Generate Profiler Report.
- Always use the default report generation options
- Check this to use the selected report generation options with all projects. If this is unchecked, each time you run an application
with Profiler, the IDE displays a dialog box that enables you to choose Profiler options that only apply to the projects that
you are currently running.
You can specify the following options:
- Full performance profile
- Check this for Profiler to output a full performance profile. If this is not enabled, no statistics are produced for sections
or paragraphs that are not entered or PERFORMed. Checking this option is equivalent to setting the ALL directive.
- Performance statistics in alphabetical order by paragraph name
- Check this for Profiler to output performance statistics in alphabetical order by paragraph name. If this is not enabled,
statistics are output in descending order of the total percentage time spent in each paragraph. Checking this option is equivalent
to setting the ALPHA directive.