Restriction: This topic applies only when the Enterprise Server feature is enabled.
You can export the definition of an enterprise server instance from
Visual COBOL into a single XML file or as a set of files packaged as a .zip archive. You can transfer the XML or .zip file to other machines
and import the server into other instances of
To export an enterprise server instance:
- In Server Explorer, right-click the server you want to export and click
This starts the
Export Server dialog box which shows the following details for exporting the server:
- Server name
- The server name as it appears in Server Explorer.
- Work location
- Specify the location where the server definition file will be saved.
- Verbose output
- Check this to view detailed information in the
Output window during the server export.
- Create zip file
- Check this to export the server definition file as a
.zip archive that contains a number of files.
If this is not checked, the server definition file will be saved in XML format.
- Specify the required details and click