Important: Before performing these steps, ensure that you have reviewed the information in the
JDBC Resources topic.
- From the COBOL Explorer, right-click the project name; then select
Micro Focus; then click
JVM Build Path.
- Select the
Add External JARs.
- Add the following JAR files:
- JDBC drivers
- Add the driver file or files required for your database. See
JDBC Resources for more information.
- JNDI library
- If using Simple-JNDI:
- If you have compressed your
jndi.properties file into an archive, add the archive file.
If using the JNDI implementation on your application server, add any appropriate JNDI
This adds the name and path of each selected external JAR file to the
JARs and class folders list. A jar-shaped icon,
, appears next to each external JAR file entry on the list.
Note: As an alternative, you can add these same JAR files to a user library, and then add the user library to the JVM Build Path.
To create a user library for JDBC resources for more information.
- If using Simple-JNDI and you have elected not to compress your
jndi.properties file, click
Add External Class Path, and add the path to the