To create an SQL query
- Start the OpenESQL Assistant.
- Connect to a data source.
- On the tree view, check the box next to a table name.
- On the Select Type of Query to Create dialog box, click a query type from the list.
Generate query with FOR UPDATE (SELECT or SELECT DISTINCT queries only) to generate a FOR UPDATE clause in the query. Optional.
Generate query with WHERE CURRENT OF (UPDATE or DELETE queries only) to generate a WITH CURRENT OF clause in the query. Optional.
OK. The query code appears on the
- Add tables, columns, search criteria, and auxiliary code to the query as necessary.