The following steps outline the process of creating COBOL applications in Eclipse:
- Create a COBOL project.
- Either create new programs for your project, or import existing ones.
- Configure and build the project. Your build configuration specifies items such as Compiler directives and the target file
types, and whether to compile for debugging.
- Create a debug configuration.
- Choose the type of application or scenario, such as
COBOL Attach to Application or
COBOL Wait for Application Attachment.
- Debug the program.
- Configure the run-time environment and run the application. Your run-time configuration specifies items such as the search
order for called programs, memory allocation, how to handle ANSI displays and so on.