The -INC statement is used to include all of the data records of one source file in another source file at compilation time.
- In addition to Compiler directives which provide flagging and modify the reserved word list, the following directive may impact
either the syntax or the semantics described in this section.
- LIBRARIAN - enables the use of -INC syntax.
- -INC must begin in column 1 and be followed by one or more spaces.
- Text-name defines a unique external file-name which conforms to the rules for user-defined words.
- This special statement is not part of the COBOL language. It must, in its entirety, be contained on a single line and must
be in upper case.
- Text-name determines the COBOL source file to be included at this specific place in the source code.
- Any other text appearing on the line is treated as a comment.