The SIZE clause specifies the current size of the screen item.
- The SIZE clause is allowed only with elementary screen items.
- Identifier-1 must be an unsigned numeric integer and must not be subject to an OCCURS clause.
- Integer-1 must be unsigned.
- The SIZE clause has no effect if the size specified is zero.
- If the SIZE clause is specified for a numeric or numeric edited screen item and the size specified is not zero, the screen
item is treated as though it were free format. This overrides the setting of the configuration option.
- If the size specified in the SIZE clause is less than that implied by the associated PICTURE or VALUE clause, only the left-hand
portion of the screen item appears on the screen. If the JUSTIFIED clause is present in an ACCEPT statement, only the right-hand
portion of the screen item appears. The remainder of the screen item can be considered to contain spaces or zeros, as appropriate.
- If the size specified in the SIZE clause is greater than that implied by the PICTURE or VALUE clause for output or literal
fields, the screen item is padded on the right with spaces.
- Changing the value in identifier-1 alters the effective size of the screen item at run time. This can alter the screen positions
of items whose descriptions follow it in the Screen Section. (See the topics The LINE Clause and The COLUMN Clause.)