The DELETE statement in XML syntax deletes an XML element and all sub-elements from the in-memory representation of an XML
- File-name-1 is the filename as declared in the SELECT statement with ORGANIZATION IS XML.
- Data-name-1 can be qualified, and references a data item whose declaration includes an IDENTIFIED BY clause and is included
in the XD record declarations for file-name-1.
- When you specify DELETE KEY IS, this deletes the internal representation of the elements and child elements associated with
data-name-1. All other elements represented in the record remain unchanged.
- No stream I/O is actually performed by the DELETE statement.
- If the internal representation of the XML document is modified through the use of WRITE KEY, REWRITE KEY, or DELETE KEY, and
the internal representation is cleared with either a CLOSE or READ (no key) statement, then the CLOSE or READ statement will
return a status of -10, indicating the operation succeeded but no write was done.