Business Continuity Management
Micro Focus is committed to the safety of our employees and the continuity of services in the event of unplanned disruption. Micro Focus has complete confidence in its ability to respond to, and recover from, a disruptive incident in order to:
- ensure the safety of our employees;
- minimise the impact of disruption to customer service;
- protect our key assets;
- protect our reputation and our brand image; and
- protect the interests of our shareholders and stakeholders.
Attaining a high standard of Business Continuity throughout any unplanned disruption is an integral part of Micro Focus’ business performance, maintaining our core functions until normal operating conditions resume.
Micro Focus has deployed a robust Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for its over 100 offices in more than 40 countries 125 offices in 40 countries, including our Global Headquarters located in Newbury, UK:
- Our BCP was created in association with a major specialist organisation in the field.
- Our BCP policy outlines clear responsibilities, strategy, procedures, targets and objectives, as well as necessary training across the organisation.
- The overall plan is implemented through a cycle of testing, evaluation and continuous improvement.
- Operational processes and systems are continually monitored, validated and tested as part of our internal audit process.
Integral systems and exercise tests are also monitored and verified by our external auditors.