Micro Focus cited for superior identity management, access and permissions, workflow designers, and configuration management capabilities
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Dec. 20, 2022 – Micro Focus (LSE: MCRO; NYSE: MFGP) today announced that Hybrid Cloud Management X (HCMX) has been named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Hybrid Cloud Management, Q4 2022. For Micro Focus, this recognition is a strong indicator that HCMX is fulfilling its promise to deliver total visibility and operational consistency across all cloud environments.
Forrester reports that customers like HCMX’s cloud cost management capabilities, such as financial governance and the ability to schedule workloads. The report recognized its functionally rich platform that supports organizations with public cloud ambitions. Additionally, HCMX was cited for its strong health visibility and uptime, superior identity management, access and permissions, workflow designers and configuration management capabilities.
“Micro Focus HCMX provides organizations the power to optimize their cloud costs, accelerate cloud provisioning with self-service controls in place, and orchestrate ongoing operations across a hybrid multi cloud ecosystem” said Travis Greene, Senior Director of ITOM Product Marketing at Micro Focus. “Our cloud management platform was in fact developed with our own software factory in mind. Through Micro Focus’ testing and success, we are better able to understand and resolve the needs of our customers and realize remarkable outcomes. We are especially honored to be named a leader in this most recent Forrester Wave for Hybrid Cloud Management.”
HCMX is built on the Micro Focus OPTIC platform (Operations Platform for Transformation, Intelligence and Cloud), giving it extended AI, automation, discovery and integration capabilities. Micro Focus HCMX features:
- Cloud cost optimization - bring complete transparency to cloud spending via detailed multi-cloud spend reports, show-back detail, AI-powered recommendations for savings and budget management with alerts and tracking.
- Self-service guardrails - prevent cloud delivery of costly or noncompliant instances and maintains a strong security and compliance posture—with policies, approval flows, and rules with automation in place.
- Design, deployment, and provisioning - enables consistent, controlled, secure use of resources for public, private, and hybrid clouds. Build and deliver apps and infrastructure you need, faster.
- Lifecycle management orchestration - deploys services across hybrid IT environments and orchestrates day-two lifecycle operations with powerful automation and a substantial library of out-of-the-box workflows and integrations.
- Blueprint designs that work anywhere - build and deliver custom environments – from a simple VM to complex multi-tier application stacks – in a rich drag and drop interface.
- Discovery and dependency mapping - gain operational insights and create a single source of IT truth with the HCMX’s built-in CMDB.
HCMX is available as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering, as well as on-premises, or in the public cloud. It has flexible and affordable licensing options. Customers can purchase HCMX on AWS Marketplace, from Micro Focus IT Operations Management partners and directly from Micro Focus.
This news comes two months after Micro Focus HCMX Earned "Global Winner" Honors in Two Hybrid Cloud Management Analyst Reports.
Register for virtual roundtable: Optimizing Your Cloud Costs with FinOps, Jan. 26, 2023 at 11 a.m. EST (5:00 p.m. CET)
Learn more about the Micro Focus IT Operations Management portfolio on Twitter and LinkedIn.
About Micro Focus
Micro Focus is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers, focused on solving the IT dilemma—how to balance today’s needs with tomorrow’s opportunities. We deliver mission-critical technology that helps tens of thousands of customers worldwide manage core IT elements of their business. Strengthened by our strategic services and support organizations, and an extensive partner network, our broad set of technologies for security, IT operations, application delivery, governance, modernization, and analytics provides the innovative solutions organizations need to run and transform— at the same time.
Join Micro Focus on LinkedIn and follow @MicroFocus on Twitter.