The following is a product and support notice for Micro Focus CORBA customers. The information below provides further detail related to the release of Oracle JDK 11 and its impact on Micro Focus CORBA applications. This notice also provides further detail on how Micro Focus will assist its customers during this event. In JDK 11, the Java EE and CORBA modules were removed. These modules were deprecated for removal in Oracle JDK 9.
The removed modules are:
- java.xml.ws: Java API for XML Web Services (JAX-WS), Web Services Metadata for the Java Platform, and SOAP with Attachments for Java (SAAJ)
- java.xml.bind: Java Architecture for XML Binding (JAXB)
- java.xml.ws.annotation: The subset of the JSR-250 Common Annotations defined by Java SE to support web services
- java.corba: CORBA
- java.transaction: The subset of the Java Transaction API defined by Java SE to support CORBA Object Transaction Services
- java.activation: JavaBeans Activation Framework
- java.se.ee: Aggregator module for the six modules above
- jdk.xml.ws: Tools for JAX-WS
- jdk.xml.bind: Tools for JAXB
Within the latest release of Micro Focus CORBA products, our Premier CORBA offerings will ship with the required files to enable your applications to continue working as they did prior to JDK 11. The files required will ship with VisiBroker 8.5.6, Orbix 6.3.11 and Orbix 3.3.15 products. This Service Pack release will address this issue as well as provide full compatibility for Oracle JDK 11.
For questions related to your application environment and Micro Focus CORBA product support for Oracle JDK 11, please contact your Account Manager.
-The Micro Focus CORBA team