Visual COBOL® provides COBOL development and integration tools—in your choice of Visual Studio or Eclipse—that offer programmers an unrivaled development experience. Use Visual COBOL to help your AppDev teams work better together and deliver new functionality faster to your business users.Visual COBOL: The Agent of Change › The Value Profile Service ›
- Fully featured COBOL editor and integrated COBOL debug experience
- Mixed-language support—integrate COBOL with C/C++, C#, VB.NET, Java, and more
- Compile COBOL applications directly to Microsoft intermediate language for deployment within Microsoft .NET
- Compile COBOL applications to Java byte code for deployment within the Java Virtual Machine
- Native code generator for the leading Enterprise platforms, including Windows, Linux on Intel, Linux on Power, Linux on z systems, AIX, Solaris, and HP-UX
- RDBMS support for Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, and open source databases, including PostgreSQL
- Support for virtualized and cloud environments—such as Amazon AWS—and integrated support for the Microsoft Azure SDK
Visual COBOL for Visual Studio provides advanced COBOL editing and debugging for application developers. Continuous background compilation, auto complete, code analysis, and code search are just a few of the many developer tools available to streamline application delivery. Utilize REST and JSON to build new web services. Create new user interfaces using Win Forms or WPF. Combine COBOL with C#, VB, and other .NET languages—all within one IDE.
Visual COBOL for Eclipse provides advanced COBOL editing and debugging for application developers. Continuous background compilation code analysis, code search, and remote compile, and debugging are just a few of the many developer tools available to streamline application delivery. Utilize REST and JSON to build new web services. Create new user interfaces using HTML-5. Combine COBOL with Java and other Java Virtual Machine (JVM) languages—all within one IDE.
Compile your existing COBOL programs directly to Microsoft Intermediate Language (MSIL) and deploy to the Common Language Runtime (CLR). Combine COBOL with C#, VB, and other .NET languages on the desktop, on the web, or from mobile devices.
Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
Compile your existing COBOL programs directly to Java Byte Code and deploy to the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and Java Application Servers. Combine Java and COBOL on the desktop, on the web, or from mobile devices.
Deploy your existing COBOL programs to any on-premise, hosted, virtualized, or infrastructure as a service (IaaS) cloud environment, including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
Deploy your existing COBOL applications to the latest Windows, UNIX, Linux, .NET, JVM, cloud, and web application server platforms including Windows 10, SUSE® Linux Enterprise, or IBM Websphere. Integrate COBOL applications with modern RDBMS systems including SQL Server, Oracle, and DB2 as well as open database platforms such as PostgreSQL.
COBOL Deployment in the Cloud
Visual COBOL helps Trasmediterranea Acciona navigate to the Cloud.Read More ›
.NET and JVM COBOL Deployment
Visual COBOL satisfies Zucchetti’s customer demand with SaaS.Read More ›
75% Performance Improvement with Visual COBOL
Visual COBOL improves application performance by 75%, delivering new capability and uniting development teams.Read More ›
Visual COBOL is the fountain of youth for all legacy COBOL shops."Mike Howard Unicon Read the customer story