Visual COBOL® provides COBOL development and integration tools—in your choice of Visual Studio or Eclipse—that offer programmers an unrivaled development experience. Use Visual COBOL to help your AppDev teams work better together and deliver new functionality faster to your business users.
- Fully featured COBOL editor and integrated COBOL debug experience
- Mixed-language support—integrate COBOL with C/C++, C#, VB.NET, Java, and more
- Compile COBOL applications directly to Microsoft intermediate language for deployment within Microsoft .NET
- Compile COBOL applications to Java byte code for deployment within the Java Virtual Machine
- Native code generator for the leading Enterprise platforms, including Windows, Linux on Intel, Linux on Power, Linux on z systems, AIX, Solaris, and HP-UX
- RDBMS support for Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, and open source databases, including PostgreSQL
- Support for virtualized and cloud environments—such as Amazon AWS—and integrated support for the Microsoft Azure SDK
- Advanced diagnostics tools including patented reversible debugging aids for RHEL Intel systems
Visual COBOL for Visual Studio provides advanced COBOL editing and debugging for application developers. Continuous background compilation, auto complete, code analysis, and code search are just a few of the many developer tools available to streamline application delivery. Utilize REST and JSON to build new web services. Create new user interfaces using Win Forms or WPF. Combine COBOL with C#, VB, and other .NET languages—all within one IDE.
Visual COBOL for Eclipse provides advanced COBOL editing and debugging for application developers. Continuous background compilation code analysis, code search, and remote compile, and debugging are just a few of the many developer tools available to streamline application delivery. Utilize REST and JSON to build new web services. Create new user interfaces using HTML-5. Combine COBOL with Java and other Java Virtual Machine (JVM) languages—all within one IDE.
Visual COBOL delivers business agility three times faster than anticipated by unlocking business-critical application ready for cloud delivery and mobile access.Read full story ›
Micro Focus Visual COBOL enables 70% application performance improvement and enhances developer productivity by 50%.Read full story ›