This latest version of Visual COBOL for Visual Studio offers an unparalleled application development experience with access to industry leading development tools through Microsoft. Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2017 places a productive and interactive toolset in the hands of the modern developer, enabling faster coding, instant feedback, better team collaboration and access to the very latest technologies.
- The very latest in COBOL language integration within Visual Studio and .NET
- Support for both native and managed code development enabling COBOL applications to integrate with new technologies such as .NET web services and WPF
- A unified toolset for the .NET developer, making COBOL ease-to-use and accessible alongside C#, Visual Basic and other modern languages
- COBOL development and deployment support for Windows 10, .NET 4.6.2 and Azure platforms
Get Started with Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2017
Step 1. Download
Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
Your first step is to download a free trial of Microsoft Visual Studio 2017. You have three product choices:
- Visual Studio Community Edition
- Visual Studio Professional Edition
- Visual Studio Enterprise Edition
If you already have a copy of Visual Studio 2017 installed, please proceed to Step 2.
Step 2. Download
Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2017
Your second step is to download a free trial of Micro Focus Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2017