Appendix A: Troubleshooting
This appendix contains important troubleshooting information.
General Troubleshooting Procedure.
Complete these steps if you have problems using Databridge.
To troubleshoot Databridge
- Check to see that your system meets the minimum hardware and software requirements necessary to use the product. For a list of system requirements, see the Databridge Installation Guide.
- Check your system. You may be using peripheral equipment or other software that is not be compatible with this product.
- Check the usercodes for your DMSII databases and the usercode for the Databridge files. Make sure that the Databridge software can access the DMSII DESCRIPTION, CONTROL, DMSUPPORT, and audit files.
- Check parameter file options for the Databridge Accessory you are using. Make sure all tailored support library transforms, filters, and formats are also entered into the GenFormat parameter file and are spelled correctly.
- Resolve errors. Check the mainframe console ODT for messages from any Databridge Accessory or utility. Look for Databridge printer files in the DBBD/RUN/= directory. Also check the Databridge Client logs, if used. If you are receiving error messages or status messages that you don’t understand, see the Databridge Message and Error Guide included with the product documentation.
- If you cannot identify and solve the problem without assistance, contact your product distributor. Call from a location where you have access to the problem mainframe.
Troubleshoot the problem using information available from the Databridge Support and Services page.
This service directly links you to our internal help desk system, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Contact Micro Focus Technical Support
Troubleshooting for All Accessories
|An Accessory cannot find DBEngine
|Most likely the Accessory is running under a different usercode than where the DBEngine is located. If this is unavoidable, use the SL command to define the DBEngine function name, as follows (assuming DBEngine is located under the DBA usercode on a pack called DBAPACK):
SL DBENGINE = (DBA)OBJECT/DATABRIDGE/ENGINE ON DBAPACK
|An Accessory displays a message indicating a version mismatch and then terminates
|Most likely the Databridge software you are running was compiled using different versions of the Databridge API (
SYMBOL/DATABRIDGE/INTERFACE). Make sure that all of the Databridge software is from the same release.
|A task called DATABRIDGE/MISSING_AUDIT_FILE displays the title of a missing file and then waits for an accept.
|A necessary audit file is missing. Restore the audit file to the proper disk family and then enter the
AX command. (No additional text is required after the
AX.) This will tell DBEngine to retry the audit file search. You cannot do an
FA to redirect the search to another disk family. Alternatively, if the file cannot be restored,
DS the waiting task (
DATABRIDGE/MISSING_AUDIT_FILE). DBEngine will terminate the current operation with an error.
|A worker displays the following message:
Possible AUDIT JOB 'runaway zipper'
|This message can occur in the rare event that DBServer would zip more than 10 AUDIT JOB jobs one after the other, and it is intended to trap a bug that has been difficult to reproduce. problem.
OK to start jobs for AFN firstAfn thru lastAfn
The Worker is then suspended in the Waiting Entries.
|You can either enter an
OK to continue or a
DS to terminate the Worker, but please do a
DS ARRAYS and send the program dump to technical support.
Most programs, including DBEngine and DBSupport, will display their compile versions if you simply run them directly from CANDE. (The exception is DBGenFormat because it requires a Boolean parameter.) This information can be helpful in determining which patches a program has.
Outdated Filters and Formats
When a filter or format is out-of-date, Databridge Accessories attempt to recompile the Support Library. If that is unsuccessful, the Accessory displays an error message informing you that the support library must be recompiled. Use WFL/DATABRIDGE/COMP to recompile a tailored support library.