The COBOL properties that can be set are:
- Platform target
- The platform on which the application runs.
Note: Managed-code MSS programs must be compiled with the
Any CPU option to allow them to be deployed to both x86 and x64 operating systems. We recommend that you do not use the
- Source Format
- Can be set to one of the following:
- Compile for debugging
- Check this to compile the program for debugging.
- Generate 64-bit pointers
- This should never be checked for MSS type projects.
- Advanced - Additional copybook paths
- Enter any additional paths that contain copybooks. The application searches these paths if it cannot find the specified copybook
in the paths set at the project level. Click this button to configure commands that execute before the build process starts,
and after the build process completes.
- Advanced - Generate directives file
- Check this to generate a
.DIR file that lists the directives used by the compiler.
- Advanced - Build Events
- Click this to configure commands that execute before the build process starts, and after the build process completes.
- Exec CICS
- Check this to set the CICSECM options. You can configure:
- how the application handles unsupported functions
- how the application handles unsupported options
- additional CICSECM options
Errors and warnings section
Set the warning level to use, and how to handle errors and warnings that the application generates.
Additional directives section
Add additional COBOL compiler directives specific to your CICS application.
Configure the location where the build process creates the output. This is the location that you configure for components
in a region's startup file.