This starts a batch initiator or printer SEP "on the fly". You create it while the enterprise server is running, and it will
immediately run any waiting jobs of the right class. It lasts until the enterprise server is stopped. If you want to define
a batch initiator or printer SEP that will be a permanent feature of the enterprise server, starting up whenever the enterprise
server is started, see To define a batch initiator or printer SEP.
- If you are starting a printer, make sure the enterprise server was started from the command line.
- In the dropdown list under Resources on the ESMAC menu, select JES.
- Click Control in the Resources part of the ESMAC menu.
The JCL Control page that appears is for submitting jobs, and for starting additional printers and batch initiators.
- Select Initiator or Printer from the dropdown list by the Type field.
- In Classes, type the list of job classes you want this initiator to run, or this printer to print; for example, ABC. The JOB CLASS of
a JCL jobstream must match the class of a batch initiator SEP in order for the SEP to run the job. The MSGCLASS or SYSOUT
class must match the class of a batch printer SEP in order for the SEP to print the output.
- If you are defining an initiator for jobs that you want to debug, click Debug.
- For a printer, select a printer in the list in Printer Name.
- Click Start.
The batch initiator or printer will start immediately and last until the enterprise server is stopped.