The Rumba Trace combines several trace options in a single tool. When you troubleshoot a problem for a user, you can ask them
to trace and record communication sessions with Rumba Trace. Later, you can selectively play back the binary data file to
troubleshoot the problem. This section discusses the following aspects of working with Rumba Trace:
- API options
- Difficult troubleshooting tasks
- Display software code version
- Playback display and printer data stream trace
By default, all APIs are selected for trace, but you can limit trace data and select only the APIs you want to trace. There
are two guidelines for this decision:
- Trace options can have an impact on system performance, so you may want to use the trace APIs as filters when isolating a
- When diagnosing a problem, it often requires many types of trace information to effectively investigate the system state.
You may want to select all APIs (default) to capture all available information and direct output to an unformatted file to
send to Micro Focus SupportLine.