This section provides an overview of the core features of Rumba. You can find more specific information in other sections
of this guide.
Note: Which hosts you can connect to depends on which edition of Rumba you have installed. For example, Rumba AS/400 Edition enables
you to connect to AS/400 hosts.
Rumba takes full advantage of the Windows graphical environment and tabbed browsing capabilities. Together, these features
help improve user efficiency, and simplify the sharing and manipulation of data among multiple PC and host platforms.
Using Rumba, you can:
- Access multiple host sessions simultaneously from the same window
- Switch system keyboards as you do in Windows (ALT+SHIFT)
- Copy and paste data between tabs or windows
- Capture screen data to a file
- Copy information to the Windows Clipboard (including, in Rumba Mainframe Edition, the ability to copy only unprotected fields)
- Use the History feature to maintain a larger list of recently performed operations and scroll back to them easily
- Rumba AS/400 Edition: Use long passwords to provide an additional authentication mechanism with stricter encryption and tighter