Asset Browser to manage test assets. The
Asset Browser provides a single point for creating, managing, and viewing assets for each asset type in the database. Press
Ctrl+Alt+A at any time or click
Asset Browser from the
Tasks pane of the
Start Screen to display the
To view the existing items of an asset type, click the type name under
Asset Types. A list of related assets displays on the right. To rename, delete, or duplicate assets, right-click an asset and choose
the appropriate command. To view asset properties, select an asset and choose
To create a new asset, right-click the asset type and choose
New. New assets are added to the currently active project.
As tests are developed, a large number of assets may be created. You can modify the view of the assets in several ways so
that you can find the items you want.
Controls in the
Asset Browser include the following:
- Active Project
- Set the active project. This is the default project to which new test assets are added. When you change the active project,
the assets in the new active project are automatically displayed.
- Check or clear project names to select the projects whose assets you want to view. The assets of the active project are always
- Filter assets based on set criteria, such as who created or last modified the asset, or when the asset was created or last
- Asset Types
- Select an asset type from the list to view the test assets available to the selected projects, based on any applied filters.
For additional information, see
- Assets List
- Displays the assets of the selected type for the selected projects, based on any applied filters.
- Open Item
- Type the name of an asset to open.
In addition to using these controls to manage assets in the
Asset Browser, you can:
- Click a column header in the item listing to sort the assets by that category. Click the header again to reverse the sorting.
- Right-click a column header and choose
Customize Columns to choose the columns to display or change the column order.
- Enter an item name in the
Open Item text box, to go directly to the item.
Note: To manage a large number of assets, you can open multiple instances of the
Asset Browser. The maximum number of
Asset Browser instances you can open is 32.