Silk Test Workbench
provides support for the following asset types:
- Visual Test
- Visual tests are automated tests that use screenshots to mimic the actions of a user while testing an application. Visual
tests comprise the basic building blocks of an automated testing solution.
For information on how to create visual tests, see
Creating Visual Tests.
- .NET Script
- VB .NET scripts are also automated tests that mimic the actions of a user while testing an application. These scripts are
written in Microsoft Visual Basic .NET.
For information on how to create VB .NET scripts, see
- Keyword Test
keyword-driven test is an executable collection of keywords. A keyword-driven test can be played back just like any other test.
For additional information about keyword-driven tests, see
keyword is a defined combination of one or more actions on a test object. The implementation of a keyword can be done with various
tools and programming languages, for example Java or .NET. In
Silk Test Workbench, a keyword is
a visual test or
a method with the attribute
Keyword before the method name. Keywords are saved as keyword assets.
keyword sequence is a keyword that is a combination of other keywords. Keyword sequences bundle often encountered combinations of keywords
into a single keyword, enabling you to reduce maintenance effort and to keep your tests well-arranged.
For additional information about keywords, see
- A result is an asset generated during playback of a visual test or a .NET script. A result provides proof of the testing
process and a permanent record of the functional state of the test application at any given time.
For additional information about results, see
- Object Map
- Object maps store items that associate logical names with controls and windows. You can then use these logical names, instead
of using locators, to identify the controls and windows in your application.
Note: When you rename an object map that includes object map items, the root item name is changed. Any existing visual tests or
scripts that use this object map must be manually changed to use the new object map root item name.
For additional information about object maps, see
- Image Verification
- An image verification is a check of whether an image exists or not in the UI of the application under test.
For additional information about image verifications, see
- ActiveData is used by visual tests to create data-driven tests. ActiveData enables you to leverage existing data in external
files as input for powerful, comprehensive application-testing solutions. You can perform multiple transactions against test
applications using a different set of data for each transaction without writing complicated code or compromising existing
For additional information on ActiveData, see
- Image Asset
- An image asset is an image that is stored as an asset in the database. You can use an image asset to click on a control that
is otherwise not recognized by
Silk Test Workbench.
For additional information on image assets, see